Mold designed by and for Craft Kitsune! This purchase directly supports the owner and sole employee (that's me!) of Craft Kitsune in my 3D design & mold making endeavors.
Please note: in order to make the inside area as large as possible, the walls of the outer shells are fairly thin. Use a 3:1 ratio resin if possible. In any case, pour your resin slowly, letting it first seep down to the bottom of each cavity. Before pouring all the way to the top, use a popsicle, stir stick, etc. to ensure your resin has reached all the way down. You can also "pull" the mold slightly to give the resin more room to seep down.
To unmold the larger pieces: roll the mold down over the piece. Do this slowly and carefully to avoid ripping the mold. You will need to "pop" the silicone out of the inside of the drawers and shells.
Designs on this mold:
- 2 interlocking cube shells
- 1 drawer with pull cut-out
- 1 drawer with indent for peg
- 2 pegs
- Interlocking cube shells: 1.88"x1.89"x1.9" (outer)
- Drawer with pull cut-out: 1.38" x 1.56" x 1.42" tall (inside area)
- Drawer with indent for peg: 1.38" x 1.52" x 1.42" tall ( inside area), only slightly smaller to accomodate the indent in one of the walls.
- Peg: 0.4" tall x 0.24" diameter
Resin needed to make one:
- Interlocking cube shells: 25-30mL
- Drawer with pull cut-out: 20-25mL
- Drawer with indent for peg: 20-25mL
- Peg: ~1mL